For your employees, their business is not likely medicine and many will not know how to navigate healthcare. Adding a service like this could benefit your plan and employees siginficantly.
- Medibid has a “network” of providers vetted and validated by quality, patient outcomes, and patient satisfaction. Quality – providers are vetted for quality first. Malpractice, rating services, health grades, and put ratings online. CMS ratings can also be pulled in as well for an additional fee.
- Service added as a component of a plan either marketed directly to employees or embedded within a Third Party Administrator service enhancement. (This works better with a TPA and plan language that incentivizes or otherwise shepherds folks to the service with good care management and plan language.)
- When a surgery, MRI, or lab is needed a bid request can be made online or via app. Patient or TPA will securely upload their records and make a request for a bid. Employee/TPA will post the bid including test results, images, etc.
- Doctors can then see the severity of the problem and also may offer a second opinion about the treatment and treatment options. In many cases, surgery is avoided or treatment altered based off the vast expertise within the network.
- Doctors will review the records as well as the median price for services and make a bid based off the patient records.
- Patient has the service and heals.
- Substantial savings to the plan and plan generally will pay 100% or have a substantial incentive for employees to use the service. There is some flexibility in payment options for a patient share.
notes from Michael Andrade podcast with Ralph Weber solvinghealthcare.net/medibid